The Harry Potter Games Reached $1 Billion During Their Existence

Mia Martinez

03 Oct, 2022

The Harry Potter Games Reached $1 Billion During Their Existence

Sensor Tower has published data on the popularity of mobile games. The Harry Potter mobile games surpassed many other popular games, and the total revenue of all the Harry Potter games was $1 million. 

Harry Potter became famous in 2000 after the first book was published. For more than 20 years, the story of the young wizard and his friends has not lost its relevance. Like the original story, the mobile game consists of several parts. The most popular of these is Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery by developer Jim City. As of 2018, it has brought in 400 million in revenue. 

Second place goes to Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. With the game only available to users in China, Macau, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, its revenue was $358 million. And the most significant sales come from China, which is about 91% of the profit. 

Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells by developer Zynga earned 218 million and is in third place in the ranking. In last place is Harry Potter: Wizards Unite from the developer Niantic with revenues of 39.6 million. 

Even though the story of Harry Potter and his friends has been around for many years, games with him are only gaining in popularity every year. For example, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery became the best game in the simulation category in 2021. And among the games based on the books, Harry Potter is sure to take first place. 

Also, from the report, we can see that the highest number of players of Harry Potter games live in the United States. Here the income from the games is about 37%. In second place is China, which brings 31% of profits, and the third place is Germany, where the cost of players to the game is 5% of total profits. 

If we compare which platform users play Harry Potter games more often, App Store has a 66.6 percent share because of the largely Chinese audience. The remaining 33.4 percent come from Google Play users. 


Leave a comment